Okay, let’s admit it: nobody wants to do trust falls. Team building events should build camaraderie (and not because everyone’s having a miserable time). So what are the secrets to a successful corporate outing?
6 Tips for a Successful Corporate Event
- Skip work. Team building events foster community and reward employees for their diligence. If you plan a corporate outing after work or on the weekends, your team will start with a feeling of negativity. Nobody wants to work on the weekends, even if that work includes play.
- Leave the office. It’s a simple way to increase energy and get the team ready to collaborate.
- Think about everyone. Don’t book an escape room if your team manager has claustrophobia or plan a quarterly event when half the staff is on vacation. Choose a time and activity (or a range of activities) that’s right for everyone.
- Consider inviting kids. Inviting family members to a corporate event may be a simple way to make everyone feel more relaxed, have more fun, and get more connected. If you plan to dig into “work stuff,” keep the games employees-only. If it’s a more laid back team building event, let the staff know that their spouses and children are invited too.
- Shake it up. Mix up the teams by including different departments, and make sure to add new hires to teams of longtime employees.
- Make it matter. Whether your corporate outing is meant to break the ice, help the team recharge, or teach your employees about teamwork, set clear goals with the management team before the event. Come up with games, insights, or rewards to help reach those goals.
Ready for big fun? Book a corporate event at Charleston Fun Park! You can play a putt-putt tournament, plan the ultimate go-kart battle, or take advantage of one of our other attractions. We also have a delicious menu, adult beverages, and the option to cater in from a 5-star lowcountry restaurant. There’s no better place for your next team building event!